Saturday 19 May 2012

Rule 1: Keep your guitar on-stage...

Last night we made a journey into the country's capital for another gig with slightly deflated expectations of an agent coming down to the venue to check us out. Due to a number of previous occasions where an agent has said they were attending but then cancelled the morning of the show, we were not particularly expecting much. Moreover, we had a rather major issue of trying to actually reach the venue.

With no van available currently, we've had to make do with traveling in a convoy of cars and attempting to pile in all our gear. It can be quite a challenge! But because we were not allowed to use two of the speaker cabinets of the headline band we were forced into having to take one cabinet ourselves and could not fit in another. There was no space remaining in our cars whatsoever. We had to therefore result to having to plug the bass into the PA system (DIing) which sounded balls to say the least. 

Despite these issues, ten minutes prior to performing an agent arrived; one who if they were impressed could potentially lead us to greatness. I instantaneously became nervous and under pressure to play to my best ability. I would strongly advise against thinking that way, as a result of working myself up, in the final song I had to run off stage to fetch my alternately tuned guitar due to forgetting to place it beside me before commencing the set. Not the most professional look! 

Seemingly undeterred by all these problematic events, the agent loved the set. How very relieved I felt!
We will now see where this takes us. Another step in the right direction one might say. Let's hope so.

Realtime continues...

Prior to forgetting my other guitar (photo by Allyn Lai)

No comments:

Post a Comment